Sunday, February 6, 2011

It has been brought to my attention...

...that I have not updated my blog in 4 months! So to appease the masses (of one), I am updating! As much as I love reading other people's blogs you'd think I'd do better with mine!

Life at our house hasn't changed much in the last 4 months. Luke is still the center of attention and the topic of most of my conversations! He is 19 months which is a really interesting age. It is amazing to see how fast he is learning. He learns new words so fast and I am constantly surprised at his comprehension when I talk to him! I sometimes test him by asking him to do new things just to see if he knows what I'm talking about. I was floored the first time I asked him to throw something in the trash and he did it- and was so proud of himself! He has this fish puzzle that has 10 different colored fish and can name them all! That doesn't always translate to him knowing his colors away from the puzzle but it's a start!

Luke had his 18 month appointment a few weeks ago and he was a whopping 20 pounds 8 oz and 31.5 inches long. That's less than 3rd percentile for weight and 20th percentile for height. He's just now getting into 18 month clothes! He is a very active little man though. We constantly comment on how he never stops moving!!

Look how grown up he is :)
Photobucket

Last November a friend from work and I did a half marathon and it got me motivated to train for my first full marathon. For the past two months I have been running and running and running! The best part is that I am really enjoying it! I have been doing long runs while Luke is at Mother's Day Out and have made it up to 18 miles at once. I never thought I could enjoy running 18 miles, but I really do! The race is one month from yesterday. I am nervous and excited already!

I sometimes take Luke with me on my shorter runs, sometimes even when it is cold. He really likes it, but mostly because I have an Elmo movie and a Thomas movie on my Iphone and he gets to watch while I run. He got a snowsuit for Christmas so he won't get too cold.

Here's a pic (not the best quality) of his running gear!

Photobucket

Kevin is doing well, just plugging along in his residency program. He is now officially over halfway done (2.5 years into a 5 year program). I am really proud of him and how hard he works. Next week he gets to take a well earned vacation week, and we don't plan on doing anything exciting! I am taking the weekend off as well and can't wait to just be at home together and enjoy being a family.

Well I hope that's enough to satisfy those that have been anxiously awaiting a new post!

Here's some parting pictures of Luke from the other day when we went shopping:
Photobucket
He had a blast playing on this little ride on toy!

And here's after I took him off of it!
Photobucket

Ah, the joys of a toddler!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you updated! Just want you to know that I follow you lol Luke's adorable and I want you to know I was SHOCKED to learn he was already 18 months! Where in the world did the time go! I swear I feel like it was just a few months ago that you were pregnant... anyway, I'm sure you feel the same way hehe. I'm so proud of all your running. such an inspiration... hope you have a good week off with you hubby :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers