Sunday, May 16, 2010

Working

Well I don't have a whole lot going on right now, and I consider that a good thing. I am in the midst of 3 shifts at work (which seems like a lot when you are used to working only 2!). I love my job and feel blessed to be able to work only on the weekends and spend the whole week home with Luke. I consider myself to be a full-time mom and a part time nurse! It's really the best of both worlds. The only thing is that I really miss Luke when I am at work, even though he's sound asleep while I am here! I am lucky to have people that can watch him and dote on him as much as I do, as well as a great husband who takes over my role while I am working or sleeping on the weekends.

For those that don't work nights, my schedule sounds pretty crazy! I wake up whenever my sweet little alarm clock gets up on Friday mornings, and we do our normal daily routine until I leave for work Friday nights. I work until 7am on Saturdays then I come home about the time Luke is getting up for the day. If Kevin is going to be watching him I try and be good to him and let him sleep until 9 or so before I go to bed....so I am basically up for 26 hours. Then I sleep as long as I can, then get up and have a little play time before heading back in to work on Saturday night. I work until 7am Sunday and then rush home and have about 10 minutes to get ready for church (and yes, I do shower!) and then we go to church. Recently we have been staying for class as well. We get home from church about 11 and then I go to sleep for a few hours. So all in all, I don't sleep much on the weekends! But during the week I get to make up for it! This crazy schedule is worth it to be able to stay at home all week and still earn as much (or more) as I did before.

One day I hope to become a stay at home mom, but it feels wierd to imagine not working anymore. Working allows me to feel like I am using my critical thinking skills and gives me an opportunity to get to talk to some adults for a while! When I started working I had these ideas for what I want to achieve in my nursing career, and for the most part those things havnen't changed. I just feel like the amount of time I have to do those things is shorter than originally expected. I honestly thought that staying at home would have no appeal to me when I first started working! But I do cherish every week I get to stay home and be with Luke, so I know that it's what I really want to do in the end. Just a few more years of this crazy schedule to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers